• abu dhabi tummy tuck 2
    Tummy Reduction

Tummy Tuck in Abu Dhabi

abu dhabi plastic surgery tummy tuck 1It's an abdominal contour surgery that eliminates excess skin and fat. The goal is a flatter, narrower belly and improved body proportions.

Among the causes of distorted belly shape are:

  • Pregnancy
  • Lifestyle
  • Medications and hormones
  • Weight fluctuations
  • Previous operations

Planned future pregnancies, skin and muscle quality as well as a desire to wear particular clothes may influence the choice of technique:

1. MINI TUMMY TUCK / ABDOMINOPLASTY

Is indicated when most of the skin /fat excess is in the lower part of the abdomen. The umbilicus is not repositioned. Mini abdominoplasty often requires combination with liposuction of problem zones such as fat over the stomach or "love handles".

2. FULL TUMMY TUCK / ABDOMINOPLASTY

Can remove wide areas of skin/fat also in the upper belly and towards the flanks. It is most needed after massive, fast weight lost after bariatic surgery.
Here the umbilicus is placed through an incision to its proper location. Striae after pregnancy are also removed at the same time.

3. LIPOSUCTION ABDOMEN

Might give excellent results if the skin quality is good and abdominal wall is tight. A combination of traditional liposuction for the deep layer and Laser Liposuction for the superficial layer is advised.

4. RECTUSPEXY

Normally the left and right rectus abdomini (six pack) muscles are paired at the midline. With pregnancy, surgery or increase of fat inside the belly the muscles are pushed apart (rectus diastasis). The belly is now bulging even if there is little fat under the skin (beer belly deformity). In addition women lose the curved waist line contour and look more masculine.
Rectuspexy repositions the muscles in the mid line. It can be combined with abdominoplasty or performed alone endoscopically as a key hole operation.

POSTOPERATIVE

Walking is encouraged avoiding a fully erected posture for the first 2 days. A binder is necessary for 4 weeks and light physical activity can be resumed after 2-3 weeks. Deep lymphatic massages will aid the resolution of edema and indurations. A special diet and scar management protocol should be followed.

BENEFITS AND RISKS

Different benefits, including relief of back pain, better posture, healing of intertrigo and better sexual function have been described. The cosmetic improvement generally enhances self-image and self-esteem in 90% of patients. The remaining 10% are often dissatisfied with numbness and scars which take longer to resolve. Other problems such as infection, hematoma, disturbed skin healing are rare.

Overall the infrequency of reoperations reflects the long lasting results and satisfaction.

CONTACT US NOW